Welcome to Kindergarten!
During the school year, our class will study the areas listed below. Many of the subjects will be integrated with other subject areas to create cross-curricular learning experiences. Teaching styles will vary to support varied student learning styles. My goal is to provide your child with the fullest educational experience possible.
Our Curriculum for Kindergarten
Textbook-Eureka Math by Great Minds
- Number recognition/Writing numbers 1-200
- Two- Dimensional and Three-Dimensional Shapes
- Comparison of Length, Weight, Capacity, and Numbers to 10
- Number Pairs, Addition and Subtraction to 10
- Counting to 100
- Analyzing, Comparing, and Composing Shapes
- Appropriate use of vocabulary terms
- Use of math manipulative
- Appropriate understanding of center rotation
- Understanding of mathematical process and tests
- A phonic practice that teaches kids their letter sounds through movement.
Textbook-Superkids Reading Program
- Letter recognition, reading, comprehension, story sequencing, CVC words, rhyming, phonological awareness, and vocabulary. Introduced to workbook. As well, will cover literature, grammar, listening skills, and reading enjoyment.
- Daily participation, oral and written communication
- The correct basic formation of upper and lower case letters
- Left to right progression
- Beginning sentence and writing one complete sentence
- Coloring/ Illustration
- Punctuations marks
- Continue to strive for neatness and correct formation of letters
- Life Science, Earth Science, and Physical Science
- 5 Senses, Weather, Force, Plants and Animals
- Other experimental activities
- Daily, oral participation, writings, and drawings of observations and completion of special projects and tests
Kindergarten California Social Studies Weekly
- Feelings, Class Rules, Community, Calendar, Days of the week, and months of the year, Geography, National Symbols
- Daily participation, written and oral participation.
Textbook- Christ Our Life
- God Loves Us, God Gave Us the World, Jesus Is God’s Son, Church and Family; We Celebrate Special Days with Liturgical Seasons and Celebrations.
- daily participation, basic understanding of sacraments, Mass attendance, and respect for others.
The students will be introduced to several creative and age- appropriate apps. Apps are designed to enrich skills and concepts across the curriculum and are connected to our Blending Learning. Apps that we use frequently would be Superkids, Freckle, Math Seeds, Mathematics, Raz-Kids, and Brain-Pop Jr.
Our Physical Education program is taught twice a week. Small and large motor skills and good sportsmanship is taught throughout the school year.